
I bought a hat!!! (I hate taking pictures of myself like this, haha.) I saw it in Shibuya 109-(2), and it was on sale for about half price (it ended up as 1,732 yen), so that's awesome. ^_^ I've wanted a hat like this for ages and ages, but never could find the right size or colors.
Okay, I got ahead of myself. I ended up not going to karaoke with the many other people, since I didn't really want to go with a bunch of people I didn't know. Stupid, I know, but I'm glad I didn't go, because I had an absolute fantastic time in Shibuya, haha. Brittany and I went to get MORE art supplies (stupid sketchbook), and we went into Shibuya 109-(2) and Shibuya 109...where I GOT BUBBLE TEA!!!!!!!! Omg, I was so happy, I'm not kidding you. It was really, fantastically wonderful, too. Since I'm suspicious of the milk here now, I just got the fruit tea (strawberry, of course) with tapioca pearls. They were so squishy...like eating jelly in my tea. Oishii desu, hontou ni oishii desu! The guy serving us was very colorful and perky. He had a hot pink collar around his neck, and crazy hair with colorful extensions. He was super nice and smiley.
We went to get food after getting the art supplies (I'm going out of chronological order, so bear with me), and we went back to the really good restaurant...and this time we found the non-smoking section, because it's really hard for me breathe around cigarette smoke. My food was pretty good, except that the chicken was kind of weird, and didn't sit well with me, so I couldn't get myself to eat much of it. Luckily I also had a small bowl of fried rice and miso soup, so they filled me up. (Oh...I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I love the whole no tipping thing here. It makes life a lot less stressful, not having to figure out how much to tip the waiter. XD)
Let's see...what else. We walked around a lot, went to Baskin Robbins, and I had Love Potion 31, which was delicious, but we stood outside in the cold and ate our ice cream because the shop closed literally minutes after we ordered. I saved the spoon. >.> Seconds after I finished (with much brain freeze, and Brittany going, "daijobu, daijobu!!"), we ran for the big intersection in front of Hachiko Square, and then we stopped at the Free Hugs people and got a bunch of hugs.
I was talking with one of the guys...I'm trying to remember his name, but it's excaping me right now...it started with a T. I forgot it minutes after finding out, too, and that's what annoys me. Anyway, he was asking where I was from, and if I was a student, and what my major was, lol. Brittany got a picture of all of the people together, so I'm going to beg it off of her soon. We plan on going back a lot and making friends with them. They all are so nice, and it would be a really good chance to practice Japanese, as well as meet Japanese people who don't know much English...since that prevents us from falling back on the English when we don't know how to say something. The guy I was talking to kept asking me questions in English, but I only responded in Japanese (very, very basic Japanese). Oh, and almost immediately after, when Brittany and I were running for the bus, she asked me something and I responded, "hai," without realizing, even though she had been speaking in English. *laughs*
Overall, my day ended pretty well, I have to say. There was a long space of time when I was really angry (the whole ride home, and for about an hour after that), because of a jerky American guy in my group project for a class...but I'm not going to talk about that here, because I already ranted to my friends and parents about it, lol. The problem is still not solved, but I'll get around to it tomorrow. I'm exhausted right now, and it's past midnight, so I'm probably going to crash soon.
Oyasuminasai~!

3 comments:
Hahahaha thats so cute! I respond in japanese to my german friend even if we are talking english. Which is not the same as you ne?
Bubble tea is love, specially the strawberry one
I'm so glad I didn't apply for the foreign student villa. By being here I can't talk japanese to anyone so I've gotten to learn korean better but I think I'm forgetting my english ^^;
Mmmm baskin robbins <3 Apparantly you are supposed to call it 31? (31 flavors right? >_>) my friend just told me that XD
Aww I wanna know what the dumb guy did to piss you off!! I hope it all gets solved tho <3
Shibuya sounds fun when you write about it XD I was always angry when I was there (too many people) So I didnt go often (tho they have super delicious foods >_<)
i like the description of the perky colorful guy. i might have had a laugh if i saw him. I love your hat Erica! It's super kawaii. Glad you had fun where you decided to go stead of karaoke.
~i've been pretty busy, so i'll read more another time!~
Post a Comment