Sunday, February 3, 2008

I think I brought the snow here from Vermont

Once again, it is snowing. We have...at least three inches, maybe five on the parts that don't melt easily. it's really wet and gross, and I'm sad because I'm not about to go out in this weather. I went to Seiyu to get some things, and saw people riding their bikes, but I don't trust myself to be able to control it on the snow...plus I'd feel bad if I splashed someone. All of the buses and vans have their chains on, and other than the main road, the streets aren't plowed very well. Plus, the people just shovel the snow out into the middle of the street. (I saw an old woman doing that. She only stopped for a moment to let me pass, before she threw more snow into the middle of the street.)

This is looking out of our front door.

This is where my bike is kept. You can't see it in this picture.

These are the slippers I bought. They were really cheap, and they're slightly too small, but I don't care. I'll just buy a better pair somewhere else. I also gave in and bought a normal bath towel for 1,197 yen because I'm tired of using a travel towel. -_-' It's a pretty sky blue color.


Here's a short video of it snowing, since things are always better to see in motion, haha.


Today has been a slow day. I woke up at ten, planning on doing work, but Emily slept until 2:30 in the afternoon (she was out until the first train again), so I couldn't have the lights on...it was kind of annoying, but only a little. Plus, I didn't reallly want to do my work, anyway, so I suppose it worked to my favor. I had to pull all of my clothes inside from the line since they were very cold and still damp, and then I had to find places to put them in the room...in the dark, haha.

Hopefully I'll get my phone tomorrow. I'm going by myself, since Brittany lost her health insurance card, and she doesn't have the special document for her alien registration (the receipt isn't good enough), so she wouldn't be able to get a phone. I'm getting the 5000 yen card with the phone, though that's only the equivalent of about 55 minutes of talk time, so I'll have to get another one as soon as it runs out. I'm also paying the 300 yen charge so I can have unlimited messenging for 30 days (to be renewed as well, I guess), since that will probably come in useful...though I don't know how to text people, so I'll have to learn. I'm going to try to get there shortly after the store opens, so that I can get it all taken care of, and then take the train from Shibuya to school.

Now I'm off to homework. I actually have work to do this weekend. It's all very boring work, lol. For instance, right now I have to read about "Culture and Management in Japan." Maybe it'll turn out to be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yayayay snow! Thats how it snowed like about 3 years ago I remember ^.^ You should go up to Sapporo when its snow, thats a snow storm

Hey, it can't all be just fun ne? You are in uni after all and tokyo is not disney