Today on my way to school, I was pushing my bike up Meguro-eki hill (I named it that...I don't think it has a name, lol...but it's the worst hill ever), and I saw a jrock band get out of a van and look like they were about to go into a restaurant. I didn't recognize them, but one had a big instrument case on his back, and the others had matching black tote-style bags. They were all very jrock looking with the way they were dressed/styled. One guy had dark auburn hair in a weird mullet (normal short hair until the very bottom, where it was looong and straight down his back), another had longish black, spiked hair, and many chains attached to the left leg of his skinny black jeans. I don't remember what the other two looked like. (There were four guys.)
In Japanese class today, we finally finished learning katakana. (I know most of the katakana already, and forget just a handful of them.) Then, Koyama-sensei was like, "and now let's learn some verbs!" and everyone was like, "nooo!" but I said, "yeah!" because I really wanted to learn more. It frustrating, because they all whine so much about learning...but I'd rather learn the language than not be able to communicate with people here.
We watched "The Japanese Version" in one of my classes today...I forgot that I had seen that film last year in my Japanese Culture class with Seth. It was still good the second time, though this time I couldn't help but notice how exaggerated the film was. Katsuya was sitting next to me, and he was laughing throughout the whole film...and then at the end, when Sumi-sensei asked us what our reaction was, I heard Katsuya mutter, "it was embarrassing."
This evening, Marina and I got out of class, and then she went to catch the bus while I got onto my bike to go home...and then right as I was at the corner of Denny's (two blocks from the apartment), Marina and a bunch of TUJ House and Green House people come across the street because they had just gotten off the bus! HAHA. That makes me feel better about having the long ride home, because I'm not actually taking longer than the bus.
There's several trees that have baby blossoms on them now. I don't know what kind of trees, but there's white ones (maybe apple?) and dark pink ones. It's strange seeing spring flowers when it's only the beginning of February.
Lindsay and I went to the conveyor belt sushi place for dinner. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Emily and I had gone there before. It's pretty self-explanitory what kind of place it is. We only ate cooked things, though. They have mugs and pots of matcha that you can make yourself to drink. I love drinking matcha. I don't really like the tea-bag green tea, but powder green tea is delicious. It's not sweet or anything, but I find that it tastes so much better. I need to find myself some so I can drink it whenever I want. When we were at the sushi place, the chef noticed we weren't eating any of the raw sushi, and made a comment about it being delicious. I laughed a little, and he asked if we knew Japanese. I told him I knew a little. Lindsay didn't know what he was asking, so I explained it to her once we were out of the restaurant. I keep wanting to try the raw sushi, but I'm afraid my gag reflex will kick in like it did over over the summer when we were at the Japanese restaurant, and when that happens I have to spit it out, or I'll throw up...and I don't need to do that in public here. -_-'
...Aaaaand once again the news is about gyoza. I'm getting so sick of listening about poisoned gyoza. I just don't buy any gyoza now, whether it's frozen or not. Most of the gyoza has pork in it, anyway, which I'm trying to stay away from. Tomorrow we're supposed to get snow. 3-5 centimeters, possibly. I hope it doesn't ruin our day our to Harajuku and Shibuya (and any other places we might go). I need to find some boots, fast! I've settled on getting normal rainboots, instead of nice boots, but I haven't had time to go out looking yet. Anyway, I'll bring my umbrella! I love using my umbrella when it's snowing. ^_^
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hahaha... my article im presenting in class on monday is about the poisoned gyoza incident XDD I can imagine them making a huge deal about it tho XD
Ooooo I wonder what Jrock band it was?? You should have tried to snap their picture with your fancy new phone ^_^
Im glad you are making an effort in class!! so many people just see study abroad as a holiday >_< they annoy me!
Post a Comment