Friday, February 15, 2008

Decisions, decisions.

I am so, so tired. I almost fell asleep in the library today, when I had free time between two of my classes. I also had a terrible headache (though it's gone now, thanks to the miracle of Motrin) for about four hours, and I was not happy about having a make-up drawing class. I almost skipped it, but then I went anyway, and I'm glad I did. We were preparing for our life model session, which starts on Monday, so we did several gesture drawings, and we each had to model for one minute for the rest of the class to draw. Then we drew our hands, and then our arms, and then we partnered up and drew each others' faces. I haven't drawn a real person in so long...it felt fantastic to be drawing people again.

Tomorrow I have to go to Ueno for my field trip, which I mentioned yesterday. I've been trying to figure out the best way to get there, and I think I've settled on biking to Meguro-eki and then taking the JR all the way up to Ueno. I have no clue how long it'll take, or how much it'll cost, but I don't have to transfer at all, and I'd rather not worry about that stuff tomorrow. I hope the field trip turns out all right.

Another thing I'm wondering about is whether I'll go to Tokyo Decadance tomorrow night. It's a club where that DJ Sisen guy is going to be, and there's a bunch of other DJs and guests and such, from what I understand. Several of my friends are going, and I'm thinking of going, but there's just a few things that are keeping me from going, "yeah, I'll go!" right out. The first of which is the fact that, with the flyer I have, the cost is 3,500 円, and that includes one drink. Since I don't really intend on drinking...I don't know if it's worth that cost if I'm not drinking the alcohol. I'm sure they have non-alcoholic drinks--I'm not worried about that. But I just don't want to waste my money. Another thing is that the event (which is in Roppongi, btw) starts at 11pm...which means that we would have to stay out until the first train in the morning. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't really do well with pulling all-nighters. I have never failed to get sick the very next day. Especially with the fact that I have a minor cold right now, and people are starting to get sick at school. I've also never been to a club before, but since several of my friends are planning on going, so that part doesn't really bother me too much. I don't know...I feel like such a worrywart, but it's not like I can just tell that part of me to shut up. I just want to have some fun every once in while, though, and not have to worry. I need to figure out what I'd wear, though....

Right now Emily is doing an interview for MTV for a summer internship. I let her use my headset mic so she could use Skype to call them. Her interview was supposed to be at 9am on Friday...in NY, haha, so she had to wait until 11pm here before she could call. I'm being the good roommate and staying quiet, lol. If they like her, she'll have to have another interview.
Edit: Aaaah well, that's settled! I'm definitely going to Tokyo Decadance, and I'm also not going to the museum tomorrow...because I remembered that my professor said we could go on either Saturday or Sunday...and if I want to go to Shibuya and Harajuku beforehand to get something to wear, going to Ueno is not working. Ah, and here's what the front of the flyer looks like. I'm so excited, now! I talked with Brittany and Marina about my worries, and they both understood, and said it should be fine. We'll have to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise decision. Have some fun. It's not like you'd get to go to something like that around here, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

O_O that photo is terrifying and confusing >_> I hope the club is fun tho!! I have never been to one in Japan <3

You could always go to all night karaoke after the club ^_^ it goes fast <3