Thursday, January 31, 2008

My first try at cooking something real

This morning before going to school, I took a short walk around the neighborhood, and I took a few pictures.


Here I'm standing on the sidewalk bridge, looking back over the area where my apartment is...sort of. The house with the red roof is the Green House, where five TUJ students live. TUJ House is "directly behind" Green house...but with a road between, haha. So if you could fly, then we would be straight behind them.

This is looking more over the area where the apartment is. The land right here has a garden on it, where the person sells vegetables on a small farmstand by the side of the road. There's a box where you can put your money in, and the prices are above the vegetables. No one steals them here.

This is Meguro-dori, the road I take to school. All I have to do is stay on Meguro-dori until I get past the Miyako Hotel, and then I turn left (staying on the same sidewalk), and then eventually I reach the school.

This is the front of TUJ House.

My apartment is the second door from the left.

And then, when I got home this afternoon, I went to the store and then bought some ingredients for stir-fry. I couldn't find an onion, though. I thought that was weird. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. I'll keep my eyes out next time I'm at the Peacock. Here's a picture of my stir-fry....it tasted okay, but can you believe...we don't have soy sauce! I forgot to get it at the store, haha. I cooked it in Emily's seasame oil, so that gave it a little flavor. I got full really quickly, so I couldn't eat it all, unfortunately. I stuck it in the fridge for tomorrow.
Oh, and I tried Pocari Sweat today...it was GOOD! It's almost like Gatorade, but not quite. It's description is a little weird. It says: "Pocari Sweat is a healthy beverage that smoothly supplies the lost water and electrolytes during perspiration. With the appropriate density and electrolytes, close to that of human body fluid, it can be easily absorbed into the body." I don't know...the "human body fluid" part is kind of sketchy. Anyway, each time I go to the grocery store, I'm going to buy a new drink to try.

I feel like there was a lot more for me to say, but I can't think of anything right now. I think it's because I'm tired from riding my bike; this evening I keep thinking I'm about to say something, and then I don't remember what it was going to be about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaya Try your hand at cooking!

I kept thinking that apartment look awfully familiar and now I know why, I walked near it when I went to my aunt house! XD I feel so dumb

Anonymous said...

I love Pocari Sweat! Its so good, I always buy it at the korean market near my house XD;;

The stirfry looks so good~ and I really like looking at pictures 8D