Basically, the way the club ("Warehouse") was set up was that you go down a long flight of stairs, underground, and then there's a drinks counter, and then a dance floor with a large square platform in the middle where the performers and DJs danced. Then there's the stage where the DJs and performers go, and on the left side of the club, there's a balcony where there are the people selling souvenirs and such. Underneath the balcony there were lockers and small tables and tall chairs. I spent most of my time between the stage and the center platform, except when I went to get a drink (pineapple juice LOL I wanted water). I hung around Brittany and Marina for most of the night, and then with the rest of the group when they showed up. Time went by pretty quickly, though by 3:30 my feet were starting to really, really hurt, so it was difficult to dance, and there wasn't really a place to sit.
The performances were pretty cool. The first one we saw after DJ Sisen was done DJing was two women in puffy dresses who performed famous French-ish (I think?) songs in Japanese (one sang, one played REALLY good violin). Then two DJs went on together, and they were the better of the DJs as well. The DJing started to go slightly downhill as the night went on. Not bad, but not especially amazing, anyway. The DJs and performers kept going up on the square platform to dance, and one performer had HUGE boots. They were like....two feet tall from the hoof-like bottom to the foot part of the boot, and then they went up to the guy's knees, I think. It was like he was on stilts, haha. When he got on the platform, I thought he was going to hit his head on the ceiling!
There were a bunch of weird strip-tease performers too, lol. At one point two guys in speedo-like bottoms and belts got on the platform and were dancing. Evan and Steve looked away at first, going, "Oh my god..." and then they had to turn around and watch--of course, they absolutely loved it when a woman got up in just a bikini and was doing body contortions. *laughs* There was also a performance of a guy in a really elaborate queen-something (I'm bad at guessing fashion names) ensemble, with two guys in tight shorts and shoulder guards and helmets (they were supposed to be guards), and they were all pulling various pieces of clothing off of each other. The funny thing about all of this was that the entire atmosphere of each of the performances was really playful and joking, instead of straight-out erotic.
I briefly mentioned costumes before, but not really in much detail. Frequently I couldn't tell if someone was one of the performers, or just someone in a cool outfit. Some people were wearing really extravagant outfits, wheras others were wearing hardly anything. Several people came in matching/themed outfits. For instance, there was a group of four girls who all had white/silver wigs and had all visible skin painted white. Another pair were chained together, and another pair had outfits that made it looked like they were two halfs of the same person. Several people had tubing for hair accessories, and several people had light-up toys/jewelry or glow sticks attached to their person. (Once Brittany puts her pictures on her computer and then sends them to me, I'll show some.) Oh, I found an old-ish video (last year) about them. It's in Japanese, but the whole point is to see the kinds of outfits people wear. DJ Sisen is one of the people who talks in this video (you'll see "DJ" under his name, and he's all aqua). http://www.tokyo-decadance.com/
I can't remember if there was anything else. The trip home was uneventful, and yet eventful. Steve fell asleep on the train, sprawled across the seat (but made sure he didn't put his feet up), and the rest of us were zoning. We weren't even sure if we were on the right train back, but we ended up on the right one, though we argued a lot when we passed the station half of us thought was the right one to transfer at. By the time we got back to the apartment, it was starting to get light out, and right before I went to sleep, it was really sunny out. -_-' I was half asleep when Emily got back (she stopped to eat somewhere), and when she turned out the light, I distinctly remember mumbling, "Man, it's not even dark!" And then I promptly fell asleep. Haha.
Today I went to Ueno to the museum....I was in a really bad mood because I only got the small amount of sleep, and I got slightly lost trying to find the right building, but then I started looking at all of the pieces, and enjoyed myself. I took a million pictures. I hope your computers can deal with it. I also have a video of two screens that were cool. Not my favorite ones (which are the two pictures of screens somewhere below), but still cool.
This is a giant whale sculpture outside of the Science Museum (I didn't go in; I only walked by on the way to the art museum). There was also a rocket launcher...but I didn't take a picture, sorry. It was pretty cool, though.
I love swords. XD But not the fact that you can see my reflection in the glass. This is a katana sword from the 14th century.
And this one, I thought Colin would enjoy (Mom or Dad, make sure he at least sees these couple pictures, if he's not checking on his own).

Ha HA...imagine going into battle in that sucker! I can see the guy riding under a tree...thwunk--he's DOWN!
Ha HA...imagine going into battle in that sucker! I can see the guy riding under a tree...thwunk--he's DOWN!
This was paired with it, and is almost as gorgeous. I should have done a video for these two, as well.
A shamisen with flower inlay. (is that the right word?) Click on the picture to see the detail, though beware of blurriness.
Okay. I want this shelf. (Daddy, make me one!!!) It's so awesome, and the best thing is that it's asymmetrical. I'm a sucker for things like this. I'm going to have the coolest house when I grow up. ^_~
A hair accessory. I was having a ton of trouble getting non-blurry pictures, since there were no flashes allowed in the museum.

These are some decoration things that go on a sword hilt. These are Fuji-san designs, if you couldn't tell.
And I think that's it for today. (Two posts in one day, consider yourself lucky, because it's never happening again. Time for icky schoolwork.) Oh, and randomly: Emily told me that she's almost positive she saw Oguri Shun on the train back from Harajuku yesterday evening. I'm jealous, lol.

No comments:
Post a Comment