Monday, February 11, 2008

Movie time

Today I went to see the movie KIDS (trailer) in Shibuya. The ticket girl was asking me something after I told which movie and time, but I didn't know what she was saying, so she asked me if I spoke English. When I said I did, she asked me in the best English I've ever heard a Japanese person speak here, whether I was a student, because there was a student discount. (I should have understood that question, too, so I don't know why I didn't understand it. -_-) It sure wasn't very much, lol. My ticket was still 1,500 円. Since I was too early, I wandered around a little bit and then came back to the theater.

The movie was really, really good. I didn't understand about half of it, especially whenever there was a long, serious conversation (there were quite a few of those). It was really easy to put the context of the situation together, though, so I don't think I missed very much. I'll have to see the movie again sometime when I can either understand more Japanese, or when I can get subtitles. Anyway, I thought the acting from all three main actors (Teppei Koike, Hiroshi Tamaki, and Chiaki Kuriyama) was pretty good. It was awesome watching it on the big screen, too. I've never watched a Japanese live-action movie on the big screen before. Despite the movie costing so much, I'm really happy I went. Oh, and another thing. I found it amusing that when the lights were about to go out, the theater played that tune you usually hear at the beginning/end of a school day (sorry, but it's impossible for me to describe it better than that. "Dun dun dun dun....dun dun dun dun," is not going to cut it, lol).

During the part when Asato (Teppei) was half-dying (they show it in the trailer, so I'm not giving anything away), I'm almost positive a girl in the row across from me was crying. I'm sure that if I had understood what Takeo (Hiroshi) was saying to him, I probably would have been at least tearing up, because I could feel an amazing amount of emotion from that scene (plus the music in the movie is well done)...but it was just hard for me to connect when I couldn't understand the exact words being said. It wasn't very distracting, though. Sometimes I forgot that I couldn't understand what they were saying, since body language and facial expressions were really easy to pick up.

I now know where they are playing "L Change the World" (the spin-off of the Death Note movies), so maybe next weekend my friends and I can go see it. The guy who plays L was on tv earlier today, and I almost didn't recognize him because he had facial hair, was standing up straight, and obviously wasn't wearing the black under his eyes, lol. It's amazing how he looks like an 18 year old in the movie. (Apparently the actor is 22, if I'm doing my math right from what it says on IMDB.)

I bought this drink the other day, and it is SO good. I have no clue what it is, other than "Shiroi Nacchan" which is white...something. It tastes really peculiar, and it took me a day to figure out what the taste reminded me of. Yogurt! Isn't that weird? It has the same kind of tangy but milky taste as yogurt, but has the consistency of juice. The CMs for it don't make sense, either. Maki Horikita is in the CM, but the whole CM consists of her crying...and then drinking the drink, and looking at the camera. She doesn't look any happier after drinking it. *laughs*
Look, there's even a sad face on the bottle cap. (Sorry for the blurriness.)


And then there's a sticker with her face on it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shiroi Natchan!?? thats really exciting!!! It probably WAS just yogurt/ orange drink XD thats cool tho I wanna try it... wonder why its sad tho??

I REEAAALLY wanna see KIDS!! It looks so good <3 Have you seen the drama with tamaki hiroshi talking to deer?? I saw that on TV last night and it was insanely weird XD