Today was quite uneventful. I overslept, since I can't get my snooze to work on my alarm, no matter what buttons I press (I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong), so I had to take the bus to and from school today. Luckily, the bus came right after I got to the bus stop, and so I was at school in half an hour. My Japanese Art class is so boring. I can't stand going to the class, it's so terrible. My professor doesn't do anything except tell us what we'd be able to read in the book ourselves, and nothing more. Nearly all of the questions she's asked, she says, "That's a very good question, which I don't know the answer to." I have to go to a stupid field trip on Saturday for the class. The only good thing about it is that I get to kill two birds with one stone, because we're going to Tokyo National Art Museum in Ueno, and for my drawing class, I have to go to an art museum or gallery and do an assignment on that. Apparently it's only 300 円 to get in. I'm still annoyed about having to go, but hopefully it'll turn out for the better. I'm not too happy about having to stay late tomorrow evening for a make-up drawing class, though. It's the only class that has a make-up class for missing Monday's holiday. *sigh* I'll probably freeze on the way home tomorrow night, too. (Btw, yesterday I froze riding home, and had to stop several times just to get feeling back into my fingers. My legs kept seizing up, too.)
Today when I got back, I had to run to the grocery store to get some foodstuffs, and I had a pretty successful trip this time! I finally found onions (Emily was very impressed), and I got some miso paste and some udon noodles. I also bought a small piece of salmon and cooked it up for a super late dinner, and it was sooooo good. Emily said I didn't cook it enough, but it looked more cooked than when Mom cooks salmon, so I don't know. It tasted fine to me, so that's all that matters, I suppose. ^_^' I also got some Morning Bread and these little pancake things to have for breakfast tomorrow. (Today I didn't eat breakfast, since I didn't have any food in the apartment, so by the time I got to school I was slightly woozy. That's certainly not going to happen again, haha.) Oh, and I got bananas! I haven't had a banana since before I got here, so that's cool. Bananas aren't that expensive...or at least I don't think they are. I don't know how much bananas cost in the States, so it's a little hard to compare. Anyway, the price didn't make me go O.O so I think it's okay.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bananas--in Portland I used to pay 59 cents per pound...but here in SF the cheapest I have found is 79 cents/lb, at a little produce mart. Places like Whole Foods are selling organic bananas at upwards of 2 dollars/lb (ridiculous!). Don't know what that converts to in yen, but that should give you a rough idea...
Post a Comment