Today nearly all of TUJ House and the Green House went to Akihabara together in an attempt to buy cell phones. Were ANY of us successful? No. AU had pre-paid phones, unlike Soft Bank, but we couldn't figure out how they actually worked, and they only came in Japanese. (Whereas the contract ones had English.) The contract phones cost about $300...just for the phone, and then there was a monthly fee, and another fee to cancel the contract early. As much as I want a phone, I'm not an idiot, and not about to pay that much for a phone. So I have no idea when I'll be getting a phone. Other than that, the day was pretty boring, in my opinion. Everyone has a different idea of fun than I do, and so at the end of the day, everyone wanted to go to a bar, but I just wanted to go home because I was tired. I felt really awkward and antisocial about it, though, so I waited until we were all wondering what to do (since the bar they wanted to go to was more expensive than they thought), and I said I was going to go grocery shopping and then go home. I wish I didn't get so uncomfortable about things like that, because I feel like I won't meet many people if I don't go out. It's just like the whole thing with smoking that one guy was talking about today; when he tries to talk to Japanese people at school, they don't say much, but then he goes out smoking, and instantly they all open up. Of course, nothing in the world could make me start smoking, so that's not a path I'm going to take, lol.

The garden outside the Green House.

Our group of people. The girl in the front is my roommate, Emily.

The neighbor's dog, Brad Pitt. (Or rather, Braddo Pitto.)

I was trying to take a nice picture, and Evan walked into the frame, haha.

Our landlord's house.

A DoCoMo ad with Satoshi Tsumabuki. (He's in the far top right.) ^_^

In the gigantic store we went into, there was a cd section, and this little poster. Of course I took a picture.

My dinner. I ate about a fourth of it, and then stuck the rest in the fridge. It was really good, though the shrimp were kind of bland. The fish eggs added an interesting taste to it, haha. They were pretty good.
I used my CitiBank card for the first time today at the grocery store, and it worked! I was so happy, since I was worried it wouldn't work. The weird thing is that I didn't have to sign anything. Anyway, right after I went to the mini branch of CitiBank and took out 30,000 yen from my account so that I don't have to worry about money for a while. I'm thinking of getting a Pasmo (kind of like a metro card) for the train, since I won't have to worry about dealing with the ticket machines. I just have to swipe the card and then go through.
Tomorrow Britney (I really don't know if that's the way she spells it -_-') and Peter and I are going to Harajuku, and hopefully I'll be able to find an art supply store. If not, then I'll just go to Shibuya on the way home or something.
4 comments:
Its all just about a different place. When I went to the US the first time, I thought it was weird people walked around in malls for fun after school or tan like crazy, but it was their way and I had my way. Best thing I can tell you: When in Rome, do as the romans do.
They still have that poster? Ne, I thought they took it off last year
WOW.. yeah I got the most expensive phone AU had at the time and it was only $150... my friends got $10 phones from AU so $300 is insane! the fees are usually like $60 a month (you dont talk on phones anyways just text message) and cancellation fee is .. I think $30? maybe $60 >_> ... Try to grab a japanese person to help you buy phones... cause all the contract info is really confusing!!
And I Dunno how big your campus is but there are almost always art supply stores there.. if not then there is a SUPER cool huge art supply store in Ocha no mizu(御茶ノ水)its on the line in the center of yamanote line (山の手)... not too far from you so you can check that.. I think its on the main street so you could probably find it w/o much trouble? I think.. Plus Ocha no mizu is just really pretty and there are BILLIONS of guitar/drum shops there so there are lotsa fun jrock goods like guitar picks and drum sticks and lotsa jrocky looking guys there XD
Im glad your credit card is working good!! have you been to karaoke yet??
guacala! you liked caviar? well it's part of the adventure i guess. The garden is really beautiful! Where's the greenhouse?
i was right about the phone DoCoMo but, where's Kame? ~pouts~
I think I might need to get a Pasmo card? or was it plasmo? Does it work for JR and Tokyo Metro?
Post a Comment