Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pandas are falling from the sky!

Today was very rainy and gross, but I had a fun time in Shibuya. I didn't have an umbrella for a while, but then we went into a Japanese version of Walmart...though more expensive, and I got a clear umbrella with a cute panda design. I was a lot less soggy from then on, lol. My pants, on the other hand, were absorbing so much water that by the end of the day my steps were squelching quite unpleasantly, and my ankles were very cold. My shoes were soaked, too. Luckily I had my rain jacket and my fleece vest on, so the top half of me was cozy.

After having lunch, we were set free until 3:45, and so two of the other girls Marina and Britney (who also like Japanese music just as much as me) and I went browsing through Tsutaya, a store that is somewhat like a combination of Blockbuster and Borders, since they let you rent movies. I really wanted to look in Shibuya 109, a trendy clothing/accessories store for young women, and I found the perfect boots that are in my price range. I didn't try them on then, since my socks were soaking wet...and I didn't feel right sticking my wet feet into boots to try them on. I'll go back tomorrow when it's not rainy.

After Shibuya, we headed back to Jiyugaoka, and then went to Seiyu (kind of like a CVS or Walgreens) so Emily and I could buy dish soap, a sponge, and toilet paper. Then we went to the conbini to get dinner...again. Tomorrow we're going to the supermarket for REAL groceries! Which reminds me...I found out why the milk I was drinking smelled and tasted weird to me. It had soymilk in it. Ugh. Fantastic. Emily didn't seem to mind it, so I told her she could drink it. I just can't stomach that much soy.

Tomorrow Max (from Marlboro) and I are meeting up around noon at the spider in Roppongi, and after we go to an art museum, he's going with me to Shibuya so I can buy the boots. I'm not ready to go places by myself, though I know how to take the bus to campus and then walk to Roppongi Hills. Even though Max doesn't know Tokyo too well, he at least is able to ask for directions, so we should be fine. (I really can't wait until I get my Alien registration card so I can get a cell phone! I hate not having a cell phone in the city.)

No pictures this time, since it was ugly today, and I have three and a half months to take pictures, lol. Shibuya's not going anywhere.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, there was a reason you couldn't find boots here!

Anonymous said...

well at least you promise more pictures later...

i hope you have a sweet time getting those boots. with my luck of course they would be gone, but hopefully you have better luck.

have fun with max.
from marlboro.

yeah marlboro

vermont is warm.
which is nice...
i can't wait to start school since i am just kind of sitting up here in brattleboro and only working infrequently.

Anonymous said...

Yay horrid rain!!
When I first got to Japan it rained for a month straight so we named our group "Ame Chiba" haha.. I hope it clears up soon!! You'll probably go thru a billion umbrellas...

Have fun tommorow!! Ive never been to Roppongi but the spider picture was scary O_O Put up more pictures soon!! of your giant room! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Oh.. BTW I asked my friend where the cake forest was >_> not very helpful but we determined its called "Sweets Forest" and its about 5 minutes from the station.... if you go out the station on the side we did you go straight then left (Follow the cherry trees) ... thats totally not helpful but you may run into it.. or once you get used to asking for directions I think people around there would know where it is (Its on the second floor and I think there is a cool fountain thing..)

haha.. so just in case you get a craving for delicious cakes/crepes/pudding ^_^ <3

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the boots soon will you be going to see any bands live soon? Have fun though!

Anonymous said...

Ohh yeah since its an island it gets soggy a lot but you will get used to it!

Yep, thats why we are all so short, the milk is not real cow milk. Cow milk is really expensive so we just drink the "fake"

you needto go karaoke soon

Anonymous said...

sometimes stores have disposable peds so you can try on shoes... I do that when I wear sandals and forget to bring socks.
sounds like a cute umbrella. did you forget to bring your other clear one from home? I remember when you ordered it!
~aye i wish i was shopping in Japan!! are things as expensive as everyone says?