TUJ had a J-culture event at the "Super Deluxe" club in Roppongi, and though I wanted to go to the whole thing, I missed the first four performances/events because I came back to the apartment to drop my backpack off, and then Marina took forever to decide to go. (She wanted to wait for the guys to get ready, but they were too busy getting drunk, and it was ages before they were ready to go. By the time we got to the club (this is after getting lost twice and then separating from the guys because they wanted to go a bar since they missed the Sake-tasting event at the culture thingy), the fashion show was almost over, but we still got to see all of the models because they did one last walk-around all together. We got to see a girl who is half Ainu perform some traditional Ainu songs and dances, and a dance group, hip-hop group, jpop group, three guys cosplaying and dancing (two of which were school girls...it was hilarious), three guys drumming, a poet/beatboxer, and...I think that's it. I messed up the order of everything, since I can't remember their orders.
Ty, a guy in our dorm, started feeling really sick from the sake, so he went home around 11:00, since he didn't want to ruin our fun by getting sick or passing out. He had five small cups of sake (each with hardly anything in them), but he said he felt feverish. Even though I was cleared at the door to get sake, I didn't feel like dealing with getting a stomachache like I always do, when I have sips of alcohol, so I passed up on trying it. I got a whiff of Marina's sake, and it smelled just as gross as any other alcohol. XD
We had to leave at 11:30 to make the last train (they stop running at midnight)...and we got onto the express. Now, the express train near midnight in Tokyo...is PACKED! Marina, Steve and I started packing along with everyone else, and I honestly didn't think we'd fit inside the train, but we did! In fact, we were three people's-width away from the doors. I don't think I've been so close to anyone, not to mention strangers, as I was then. It was so funny that the three of us couldn't stop laughing at first, but then I adjusted to the weirdness, and it was all right. I just had nothing to hold onto, so I swayed back and forth with the rest of the crowd, haha. It was...quite an experience.
Anyway, it's past two in the morning now, so I'm probably going to bed soon. I'm tired, and trying to ignore the smell of cigarettes on me. I soaped up my hands and arms a good amount, and changed clothing, but I'm too lazy to shower before tomorrow morning, haha.
Here's some pictures from tonight!
Blurry Tokyo Tower in the back there...eventually I'll go see it up close. It's not too far from my campus.
Reflections of the tree lights on the glass wall of the Asahi TV building.
Real Tokyo Tower...and a fake one inside the Asahi building!
The moon above the huge Roppongi Hills tower.
Here's Ty and Peter...and then I realized just now that "TokyoJosh," the guy who posted the videos on YouTube abou TUJ House and the area I'm living in, is in the background (to the left of the picture)! He's really tall, haha.
The hip-hop group...and Joshua isn't in this picture, unfortunately. He was our tourguide at one point last weekend.
The drummers. The guy in the middle was intense, whereas the guy in the white-ish shirt kept acting silly.
The funny cosplaying guys.

4 comments:
Nuuu! I never pass on the sake but I'm just 19 so have to wait until later.
The trains are packed but one just gets used to pretty much being less than a centimeter away from people
Sake is pretty horrible.. I dont think you'll regret not trying it ^_^
You must have great balance! Not falling on the trains <3
it's normal to pack up the metro in dc during rush hour. i'm so used to it now. I just keep my hands close to my pockets or where i keep my $
the show looked fun! wouldn't that be cool if tohoshinki came? !hehe~
aww. I love the picture with Tokyo Tower in the background, it still amazes me that I'm going to see it in winter *__________*
I love looking at pictures so that was really nice, and I would also try to taste sake, but I don't think I can stomach it XD;;
Post a Comment