Saturday, March 1, 2008

Japanese Media Heaven - What I came to Japan for HA...yeah

Today was a pretty successful day, except for a few things, but mostly it was a good day. First off...I OFFICIALLY have a Kagrra, ticket! It's for the tour final, which was more expensive, but only by 525 yen...which is worth it. We were going to get Gazette tickets, too...but for some reason it said they weren't on sale yet! I guess they go on sale tomorrow, not today? *shrugs* I don't know, but I really hope we get tickets. I also finally, finally bought a magazine! I got the March issue of Arena 37c, which featured Gazette on the cover (with 30 pages devoted to them). It also had two posters: one of them, and one of Miyavi.

I took several pictures of the magazine...for your viewing pleasure, of course. Not because I love too much of the magazine pictures and want to show it off. Of course not.

This is the Gazette poster (the better side).

The Miyavi poster...in all his colorfulness. I love his eyeshadow so much.
Here's Aoi, one of the guitarists of Gazette. He is really awesome on the guitar. I love his outfit here, too. He's always so stylish...in clothes I would want to wear, hahaha.
And Uruha, the other guitarist, does some pretty sweet solos on his guitar, too.
Some cute polaroids of Gazette. My favorite is the one where Reita is sleeping with the "zzZ" written next to him, since he's all slouched and Ruki's taking advantage of the fact that he can't stop him from getting a picture while conked out.
Here's X Japan. I considered going to see them...but the concert is WAY too expensive. For their tour, they are having several different guitarists standing in hide's place, since having one person stand in for him wouldn't feel right. (hide committed suicide in...1999? correct me if I'm wrong, those of you who know better than I do.)
For some really strange reason, Fahrenheit is in the magazine. I took the picture specially for Kendal. ^_~ Fahrenheit is Taiwanese, I think? Or Chinese? Aaah, I really can't remember.
Aaaand, here is the ONLY female in the entire magazine! WOW. High and Mighty Color, ladies and gentlemen.
Even ToHoShinKi had a small page. This is one fantastic magazine issue.
Um, no clue who this is, but I really, really like his face jewels.


Brittany and I found the theater where L Change the World was playing, and decided to get tickets for the 17:30 showing, and we also got a ticket for Marina, since she was coming to keep me company in Shibuya while Brittany was in Ueno, suffering in the museum (we texted her several times while she was there, haha). We got them for "cheap," in other words, for only 1000 yen, since today is a Cinema Day...or at least I think that's why. When we were getting the tickets, we confused the guy because I bought two tickets, and then Brittany bought one ticket...but there were only two of us, and he thought I had accidentally bought two tickets (you know...because I can't understand the language), but we explained that we had another friend coming. I really enjoyed the movie, by the way. Almost forgot to say so. The English was amusing, and his sweets obsession was wonderful...and I just have to say...a bright pink Angel Crepes van is the BEST get-away car EVER.


I took some pictures with my cell phone. They're kind of blurry, but what can you do.
There's Oguri Shun! Advertising for Kirin Green Tea, I think.

Shibuya center intersection. There's an Arashi poster straight ahead...though I think it's an AU advertisement.

Ah, the shirtless NewS. These pictures were EVERYWHERE in Shibuya. I was having fun torturing Brittany, because her guilty jpop pleasure is Yamapi (Tomohisa Yamashita, from NewS, which is a Johnny's band), and so I kept going, "Look, another shirtless Yamapi!" *grins evilly* Her cries of, "Don't make it worse!" were so funny. I'm quite sad that the picture is so blurry, though. I took this at night outside of Tower Records, and I couldn't hold the phone still. Yamapi is the...top middle (? I can't tell anymore), if I recall properly. He has a new haircut that makes him look super young, even though he's older than us by two years or so. All right, I've got their new song "Taiyou no namida" stuck in my head now. And the dancing. That's stuck in my head, too.


I think my brain is short circuiting now. It's way too late to be writing. Or conscious. So....goodnight. God I'm tired. No setting my alarm tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOoooooooooOOOOoooo I want your yoshiki pages!!!! <_>;;;;;;;; If you see any X Japan cover magazines any time soon ill pay you a million $$$ to send me one!! *desparate* XD tho I guess the post office is lame.. but still...

Ooo I like all your nice pictures <3 and you'll have to put up a nice report of the Kagrra concert because I really want to see them someday!I tried desparately to get there for X japan... but sadly I dont think its going to work out >_> plane tickets are too ridiculously expensive (not to mention I have school...)

In response to your other entry, I think its ok to not go out and do tons of stuff if you dont want to. its YOUR stud abroad experiance. Just make sure you dont miss anything that you will regret later ^_^ <3

Anonymous said...

Geese Erica! you don't recognize one of your guys? Remember when we watched Nobuta Wo Produce...? Shuji was mine and Akira was yours? I've kept Shuji.... did you loose Akira ~bonks Erica on head~ I'll take both :P

too bad kat-tun didn't make it into your magazine or wang lee-hom, i've been listening to his stuff a lot more lately, i can see why Kendal likes Fahrenheit...