Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Although it doesn't really feel like Easter, since hardly anyone else is celebrating it here. We got accosted by the Jehovah's Witnesses today, of course. We were going to go to Odaiba today....but we woke up late, and then we couldn't get a hold of Big Steve (he has no phone, and Walter never texted Emily back, since he was probably asleep)...and I had had enough of trains after yesterday, so I basically did not want to step foot on a train today.

Yesterday Emily, Walter and I had gone to the Shinagawa Aquarium. The worst part was getting there, since the train maps we have don't include the train system to get down there, and so we transferred probably too many times, and at one point the machine rejected my ticket, and then we got on a different line without having to go through a ticket machine, so once we got to the end, I had to go up to the ticket guy and he told me how much I needed to pay to get through. It also took us forever to find the museum. -_-' Once we got there, we grabbed a late lunch at the stand by the museum entrance (I got udon), and viewed the park while we ate.

Don't even ask me what kind of fish we saw...I wasn't really paying attention to the labels, even though they were in Japanese and English.
These were my favorite ones, haha. I think the sign said they were cuttlefish? The ones that were just hanging out and not moving looked a lot like that guy from Pirates. Um....was his name Davey Jones? Maybe not. It was the guy with the tentacles for a face.
Jelly fish! They were so cool...now I have this picture as my computer background.
I can't believe I got the shot of the dolphin's nose touching the ball, lol. It looks like a phone charm. XD I've never seen a dolphin show before, or if I have, I don't remember it. This one wasn't spectacular, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Shark Hall. I couldn't get any clear pictures, since they were constantly moving.
This was a really weird turtle thing...but it's face was messed up, like a mole or something.
Hahaha this picture makes me laugh every time I see it. This is Walter and Emily. My flash accidentally went off...the next picture I have is blurry, but both Walter and Emily are looking at me funny, like, "What did you just do?" This was inside the water tunnel.
I had Walter take a picture of me in the tunnel, and he glanced around at first before telling me to stand under this really weird fish.
Octopus!!
We had our hands cleaned off by fish...I didn't like the tickling feeling, since it kind of freaked me out, so I only had my hand in for a little while. These are Walter and Emily's hands. The fish really liked Walter's hands, and he was joking that they must've been really dirty.
Here's a video of a few of the dolphin tricks. One does a flip, and then they both jump around the tank.

Aah, here's the tank that looks like it was straight out of Finding Nemo. If you listen to our conversation, it's about Nemo, lol.

I have a ton of minutes left on my phone since I hardly ever actually call anyone (I just text people), and my phone card expires on April 4 (minutes don't roll over), so yesterday I put my house number into my phone (with all the additional codes)...and then called, but got the answering machine, haha. I think everyone had left for Maine already. It was about 7am your time. But I'll be calling sometime when you guys are home, since I know it works, now! ^_~ I don't want any of my minutes to go to waste. I think I have about 25-30 minutes of international calling available, if I call in the evening or on weekends or holidays, since then it's 27 yen/30secs for international calls...which is just about the same as a normal call here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I guess you're not going to go to a spa where the doctor fish nibble away your dead skin. Hehehe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_fish

Anonymous said...

Those are some really beautiful pictures. whenever you get some scenic ones I save them under a folder labeled Erica in Japan!
I've heard of the fish nibblers, they do that to bigger fish and they clean off all the lichen and gross stuff that collects on their blubber.
BTW there's been a lot going on my end. I have an interview for an internship with National Geographic TV for translating Spanish and I'm interviewing the Ambassador of Chile over in Dupont Circle for a Spanish project! Whahoo ~abreviated version~ ^_~