Friday, March 7, 2008

Pizza pizza wa oishii

I experienced my very first thunderstorm in Japan this afternoon, haha. I was on the bus home from school, and suddenly I thought I saw a camera flash...or what I thought was a camera flash, and then a split second later, there was a huge rumble. ^________^ I love thunder!

Then, after I got home, Marina and I walked down toward Jiyuugaoka station to get dinner somewhere. We ended up going to a restaurant called 'La Pausa' because the pizza on the sign outside looked really good...and it WAS. Wow, it might have been the best pizza I've ever had. We got two small pizzas and split them; one had shrimp, tomatoes, ham, and what are those round ring-looking fishy things? XD Sorry, I think I know the name of them somewhere in the back of my head. The other pizza had scallops and shrimp and some kind of weird but fantastic sauce. Aah, they were so good. I'm definitely going there again. Marina also got some kind of cocktail (it looked like orange juice), but I told the waitress I was fine with water. Afterward, Marina got matcha tirimisu, and I got a strawberry calzone. Hahah, as weird as that sounds. It was so good, though! It had custard, sliced strawberries, powdered sugar, a tiny bit of chocolate dribbled over it, and then a little dollop of whipped cream on the side.

When we left, we dropped by Book Off, since it was right across the road, and I finally bought Kagrra,'s new album 'Core.' It was cheaper at Book Off (by a few hundred yen) than in the music stores in Shibuya, and it came with a dvd that has the music video for "Irodori no sanka" which of course is in Region 2...but I love my computer so much because it magically changed the region code for me! All I needed to do was click "ok" when it asked me if I wanted to change it! And then I picked which one I wanted, and two seconds later the dvd started. Life is good. I'm listening to the entire cd right now, and I'm quite pleased with it.

Oh, but that reminds me. I got a shock this afternoon when Marina told me that she had been looking up Kagrra,'s "San" album, and said it was "surprisingly good." When I replied, "well, of course it's good; all of Kagrra,'s music is good!" she told me that she hadn't really heard their music before. *takes a deep breath and grimaces* Yes, you heard me right. Well, immediately I got on her case about saying she wanted to go to the concert when she didn't even know the band other than their name and style--the tickets weren't cheap! It makes me kind of angry, actually. Brittany had this problem with her before when Marina basically invited herself along to some event where several bands are playing, but she's never heard any of their music before, and she doesn't know anything about them. Plus, it's one of the things where Brittany has a special entrance thing (sorry, I'm really blanking on the correct name, and it's driving me nuts), and she obviously can't bring Marina along when she goes back to interview the band members.

Enough about that, though. *rolls eyes* This weekend I need to figure out what I want to do, since Emily, etc. are going to Hakone. Without me. My only consolation is that she, Tamaria and Lindsey feel like it isn't fair, and are peeved about the arrangement, but Cecelia the almighty decides everything. Whatever. Maybe I'll go see Komazawa Koen on my bike, or go somewhere else in Tokyo I haven't been to before.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The round fishy things were probably calamari. And a strawberry calzone sounds kinda good. Strawberries should be coming into season when you get back - maybe I'll try making them. Of course I'll have to pass on the bread part, but the rest I can have!

Anonymous said...

Not to sounds mean but if she paid for it, it shouldn't matter to you. Yeah maybe she hasn't heard much of them but if thats how it worked than no one would go to concerts just because they haven't heard the band before. Thats how I got to hear some of my fav bands ever

Anonymous said...

Haha aww but your friend will LEARN about them once she sees them!! I went and saw Uverworld when I didnt really like them/ know them that well but it caused me to try to learn more!! I guess its just more enjoyable if you know everything beforehand..

Mmm... your pizza sounds yummy.. and I can picture the round fish things but I dunno what they are called either >_>