A couple of you wanted to see my hair once the blue showed up more, so here's two pictures I took this morning...since I figured out the trick of getting my hair to cooperate; I have to straighten it and then fiddle with it, haha. The Gatsby stuff works a whole lot better when my hair is straight, though it's not strong enough to hold it up for very long. I don't really care all that much, because I get to change whether I have bangs or not whenever I feel like it, lol. I had bangs on Monday and today, and Tuesday and Wednesday I just let my hair part (because it really wanted to), and it looked fine. Everyone who's said anything about it has said it's a good change, so that makes me happy.
But I've gotten so many, "You're Asian now!" comments. XD Peter tried renaming me today at lunch, since he said I needed a Japanese name (he completely ignored me when I told him my name was already Japanese). He decided 'Rin' was a good name. O.o Makes me think of the little girl from Inuyasha. (I can't believe I still remember her name after so long.) Yesterday in Practical Asian Society and Culture, Katsuya sat down and asked, "Is this the same person?" Hahaha at the time I had no clue what he was talking about until he asked me if I had done it myself or gone somewhere to have it done.
So anyway, here ya go. And wow, I'm even smiling! I can't get the right lighting to show the blue, but I was halfway in the sun from the window, so I hope that's good enough.
I had to post this picture, though, because my eyes scare me, haha! They're just....whoa. I think the black/blue brings out the green or something.
Yay, I love having short hair. As much as I'd like to grow my hair out again, I feel like I'll never be able to do that because I always feel like cutting it when it gets to that annoying mid length. Plus I always feel so much better when it's short.
Aaaand today right after school, I took the bus to Shibuya and bought myself a DS Lite and the Kanji Dictionary "game." I'd told Yumika I was looking for one, and she got all excited because she knew where I could get one (Bic Camera). At first, I couldn't get anything more than "It's in Shibuya," but then I prodded her a bit with, "Where would you walk from Hachiko Square?" And then she told me it was across from Shibuya 109. I found it really easily, but figuring out which floor had what I needed was a big problem, lol. First I found the normal dictionaries, but they were ridiculously expensive, and I wasn't even sure if they would have the English option...or just the things for Japanese people to look up English. Then I happened to glance at a staircase going underground, where there was a sign for some kind of video game controller, so I figured a Nintendo DS would be down there.
I found the box for the one I wanted (although I really wanted the cobalt and black one, the red and black one is only a minor step down), and then I attempted to look for the kanji dictionary game (Kanji sono mama rakubiki jiten). I tried for a good ten minutes, probably, but I was starting to get a head ache from reading the Japanese...and I have a huge problem with reading Japanese sideways...so I gave up and went up to get the DS. While I was at the counter, I asked the guy if they had the kanji game, showing him the post-it note I'd brought along. He recognized the name and told me to wait, and then a few seconds later he was back with it. -_-' Well, obviously since I'm a foreigner buying a kanji dictionary, he probably wasn't too surprised that I couldn't find it, haha.
When I got home, I turned it on, and it immediately asked me something in Japanese, so I turned it off and decided to wait until Emily got home, since I didn't want to destroy it by pressing the wrong buttons. The instruction booklet is all in Japanese, too. But when Emily got home, she immediately offered to help me set it up, and she showed me what all of the buttons do. I feel weird saying this, but it's all so high tech! I can't wrap my mind around it! I had a lot of fun looking up kanji I already know, haha. Oh, and she switched the setting to English for me. ^_^


Oh, and I bought the Utada Hikaru album 'Heart Station' while I was in Shibuya, since I've been wanting it for a while now. Fun fact: Utada Hikaru was the very first Japanese singer that I bought an album for ages ago. (Dad probably doesn't remember when he ordered it for me off ebay, lol.) I don't think I have the cd anymore...I think I gave it to a friend, though I can't remember who...because I never listened to it anymore. I love this album, though. Utada's voice is clearer and not as...grating as it was before.
Hmm, let's see, what have I forgotten? Oh, I had my drawing class yesterday, of course, and it was our last male model, clothed this time, since this week was clothed models. I had so much fun drawing him, though once again I drew too fast, and was trying to find things to do to kill time toward the end of class. I'm really proud of my drawing, though, since I managed to get his black velvet sweatshirty thing to actually look like it wasn't flat. Also, it was my first time leaving the brightest parts of his skin undrawn, and just having the shadows show the shape. It was really successful, though I was scared when I was drawing his fists (he was holding onto the bag he was wearing). His hands and face profile are my favorite parts, though. Oh yeah, but the one weird thing about this guy...he looked so much like No MinWoo, facial features-wise, that I kept getting weirded out (not that I minded, lol). Other than that, I was so happy that his hair was longish. XD All of the other guys we drew had short hair.

3 comments:
Oooh, a Nintendo DS...if you were to buy games for it in the states would they work? Or do you have to buy them in Japan (sort of like region 1,2, etc DVDs/players). Just curious because there are some SWEET games for DS that I think even you would love...
That ds is cute. I wanted one like that but was convinced that it was too manly so I stuck with my fav color: light blue
I still can't see the blue but maybe it just my eyes ^.^;
OOO you drew ROSE!! that would be odd if it really had been him >_>
Your hair looks super awesome with the gray blue coloring <3 Japanese stylists are awesome <3
Post a Comment