Yesterday I went to Odaiba with Brittany, as well as Shinjuku for the first time. We happened to be on Odaiba at the right part of the afternoon so that we saw the bridge both during the day and at night! ^_^ We took the Yurikamome line to get there, which uses Rainbow Bridge to get there, so we got to go over the water. There isn't much to say about Odaiba...it's basically shopping and a beach with a nice view. I basically dragged Brittany there, because she didn't want to go originally...but
now she is unbelieveably happy that she went. All because of this video:
X Japan - I.V. (Yes, it is all in English, and has scenes from the (new?) Saw movie, so don't get scared by the beginning.) For those of you who don't know, X Japan is a rock band from the 80s, and they recently rebanded after a ten year break. Anyway, apparently they filmed the video right where we were...minus the fact that we obviously didn't go on any helicopter pads, of course. Before I told her so, Brittany thought they had filmed part of it in San Francisco...because she didn't realize that it was the Rainbow Bridge, not Golden Gate. Silly, silly.
A cherry tree blooming under the platform I was standing on.
WOW I teleported! I got the Statue of Liberty, the Golden Gate, and the Eiffel Tower all in one photo! Aren't I amazing? ^_~ Apparently this is the "Goddess of Freedom" statue, though. And I made it look a great deal larger than it actually is.
When the sun was still setting.
I like this picture, haha.
The other side of the bay.

Anyway, afterward we went to Shinjuku (HA that's in the video, too, and we walked right by that blue sign next to the screen where the video of hide was playing), and found the store where Mana's clothing line is sold (I don't remember the name of the store...I think it's French, and French never holds my attention, sorry), and although I wasn't very impressed by his clothing selection (you're basically paying for his name, and I'd never be caught dead in those clothes, lol), there were several other brands on different floors, like h.naoto and Black Peace Now, and a few others I don't remember...but they were awesome and ridiculously expensive.
The main reason of going to Shinjuku, though, was to go to Sekkaido (I don't think I'm spelling that right) to get newsprint for my art class, since my teacher keeps getting on my case about how small my paper is. But get this. I found newsprint, but only a very small size of it. I asked a woman working there if there was a larger size, but she said there wasn't. What kind of art store doesn't have large newsprint?! I was so frustrated about it last night. At least there's only...eleven classes left, I think. My last class is the 14th of April, then the 15th and 16th are Reading Days, and then exams start on the 17th. I have three days of "finals" but only one of them is an actual exam; two classes just have take-home exams that I hand in the day of, and then for drawing class I have to present my work.
Haha...you can hear a bit of my randomness in this. "They're gonna crash." Along with "Kablooey." And that's Brittany telling me off, haha. I don't remember what she called me...you can't hear it in the video, either. I have another video scanning across the entire bridge...but I sound even MORE intelligent in that one ("pretty lights!") so that's not getting uploaded. ^_~
Today I woke up pretty late, and around 2:30 I went for lunch with Marina at Denny's. I don't think I've ever been to Denny's in the States, but I'm pretty sure that the Denny's in the States doesn't have bowls of rice and miso soup as side dishes, lol. But the restaurant was really nice! Haha I was surprised! I decided to get the "amerikan curabu hausu sando" or American Club House Sandwich, and it was sooo good. It tasted very American...except for the egg, haha. Japanese and their eggs in everything. XD They had a huge variety of fancy desserts, too...and I ordered some kind of "custard brulee" but...it was never delivered to me. Yeah, I have no idea what happened, because when we went up to pay, it was in the system, and the woman almost charged me for it, but I just told her that I hadn't eaten one (I had no clue how to say that I never got it), so she took it off of the receipt, luckily. It'll be a while before I go back, though. Yeah.
1 comment:
Awww creme brulee is so yummy it sucks you didnt get it <_>
YAAAAAY!!!!! X Japan PV spot!! see I CAN live vicariously through you!! <3<3<3 They were playing a video of hide there? thats neat..
h.naoto is super exciting >_> but yeah... gothic loli looks good on VERY few people..
Post a Comment