Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sakura, sakura, sakura wa kirei desu ne

I did a little of my own hanami this afternoon after getting home from school. A block down from the dorm, there's a long, long path of sakura trees all in full bloom (apparently it has a name, according to the map: Nomikawa Nature Path), so I wandered in one direction all the way to Jiyu-dori Ave. and then a little further before turning around and walking back the way I came, but went much further past where I recognized the buildings. I would have gone farther, but I was starting to get chilly, and the sky looked angry (and I didn't have an umbrella with me), so I turned around and went back home.

I love walking under the sakura trees, since it's so relaxing and beautiful. I've never seen sakura trees like this before, either. All I've ever seen are the scrawny white cherry blossoms back in the States. In addition to the pretty blossoms, I love the trunks of the sakura trees here, because they're so dark and twisted. Plus, I've never seen blossoms coming straight out of the bark before! I even saw some on the roots of one tree.



See, an angry sky. It started raining two hours later.


The bird you hear in the video below is some kind of caged bird that I saw on the balcony of an apartment along the nature path. I think it was some kind of parakeet, but I really don't know my birds.


Aah, aren't sakura wonderful? And now I have Every Little Thing's song 'Sakurabito' stuck in my head, haha. I love how sakura takes over everything here. It's in many of the current music releases, commercials, advertisements on the trains and buses, and there're signs everywhere about sakura festivals. Plus, if you pass a sakura tree, there's bound to be people taking pictures of it, whether with their phones or real cameras.

Tomorrow is going to be really boring because I'm staying home to do homework. I also decided to not bother going to Tokyo Decadance, since I just don't feel like being exhausted on Sunday. Sunday is the Kagrra, concert, too, so I'm really excited about that. From what I've seen online, C.C. Lemon Hall is a sit-down concert hall (it looks really nice, too!), like orchestra concert seating. I doubt people would actually sit during the concert, though, haha. Especially since it's a rock concert. But I have no clue.

No comments: