Sunday, March 2, 2008

I can give you Gatsby...

Finally I was successful in procuring a Gazette ticket! I felt pretty crappy up until I got it, though, since I felt queasy and just generally not well...not to mention the fact that I sound like a dying person when I cough, because it's a wet cough. (Which make it worse when I am trying not to cough out of politeness, and instead I feel like I'm going to drown, haha.) Brittany's gotten into the annoying habit of patting me on the head and saying, "Daijoubu" whenever I suddenly stop what I'm doing and start coughing.

I know I talk a lot about the weird commercials they have on here...so I thought I would grant you guys the opportunity of...getting the songs stuck in your heads! Hahaaha, no, sorry, that just slipped out before I could stop myself. Please enjoy watching the silliness.

This one is definitely stuck in my head. "Iiiii can give you Gatsby, Gatsby....Gatsby..." I saw this CM for the first time yesterday or the day before, I think.
Gatsby Moving Rubber CM

Here's a cell phone commercial that plays about a million times during every show.
AU CM with two guys from Arashi

Aah even eye drop commercials can be amusing. This has Kamenashi Kazuya from KAT-TUN.
ROHTO Zi CM (eye drops)

A Xylitol Gum commercial, featuring L (Kenichi Matsuyama). Since he ONLY eats sweets, hahaa.
Xylitol Gum CM

There's a CM I really wanted to show you guys, but I can't remember the name of the gum, and I don't know the guy's name in the commercial...so it's a little difficult to search for it online. But it's some guy who is walking along the street, pops a piece of gum into his mouth, and suddenly everyone is spraying him with water and throwing buckets of water on him. He runs away from everyone until he reaches the center of an intersection, and suddenly everyone backs off...and then he looks up, and a giant piece of gum pours a huge waterfall over him. It's really funny...and my description doesn't do it justice.

Oh, and on the way back from Shibuya station today (after I transfered from the JR line from Harajuku), I saw something very cute. There were a bunch of those super-young business men (all suits and ties and flashy hair) that sat across from me and next to me, and one of the guys was apparently so exhausted that within seconds of sitting down, he had his head on the shoulder of the guy next to him for a moment, possibly testing whether it was pillow-worthy, and then he sat up for a second...before dropping his head down once again and was conked out for the rest of the train ride, haha. Poor guy. He looked like he was barely out of college. The woman on my left was also asleep, but she miraculously woke up right before her stop. I will never fail to be amazed at Japanese people's ability of waking up before their stops, whether it be on the train or bus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty amusing. Especially the eye drop one.

Anonymous said...

MAHAHA the horrible gatsby commercials are still on?? that song is so annoying .. but I DID buy some of the moving rubber.. brain washing!!

Im glad you got tickets!! you get to see concerts <3 You'll have to let me know how Gazette is live

Ooo pretend sleeping on trains is an amazing skill.. I was just starting to get good at it before I had to come home.. tho you gotta be careful who you fall asleep on <3

Anonymous said...

Kamenashi!!!!! That's all I have to say!
Ah and who told you about Xylitol before when you thought it was some artificial sugar? It's starting to get advertised more in Japan I see. I've noticed a lot of 'sugar-free' gums have xylitol in the ingredients.

congrads on getting some tickets to see a concert!! it's a life long dream... ^_^ if you ever where to get l`arc~en~ciel, you'll have to sneak me into the concert!

Anonymous said...

annoying blog put me as anonymous...