Friday, April 11, 2008

Tokyo Tower

This evening I went to Tokyo Tower, and went up to the top observatory deck! It was really cool.
But first, I had an early dinner at the Asian Kebab place, and it was SO good. For some reason it tasted like home, haha. I also tried guava juice, and loved it. I've never even heard of a guava before, lol.
I took pictures on our walk from the kebab place to Tokyo Tower (about twenty minutes, I'd guess). Here's the DHC sign directly across from TUJ's Azabu Hall. And of course that's Tokyo Tower in the back.

I don't know what this is, but maybe it's where the fire fighters get the water? The middle kanji means fire, but I don't know the other two. It was so cute that I had to take a picture, though. You can see my feet in the picture, lol.
I've also been meaning to take a picture of one of the sakura sewer manholes, and I finally remembered to today. It's not facing the right way here, but the kanji in the middle says "Tokyo gesui dou" or "Tokyo sewage line." That's just what I think it's translated as, though. I know what each of the kanji mean, except for the last one, which I looked up, combined with the "under" and "water" kanji. Uh...yeah, and the first two are obviously Tokyo. XD
It was still light when we went up to the main observatory, but it was quickly getting dark.
Do you see that tiny lit-up sign right in the middle? That's that DHC sign! Which means the gray building to its right is Azabu Hall. (A reddish building is between them in this picture.)
And again, the tiny spec of the DHC sign, lol.
That huge building is Roppongi Hills, and is the building I went up in with Max when he visited.
Too bad it was cloudy on the horizon....
And again, school! (The sign changes colors every second.)
Odaiba and Rainbow Bridge...and the giant ferris wheel, haha.
It looks like a starfish in the middle of the city!
Once we were outside, of course we had to take pictures of it again.
I look so tiny......
This sign amused me....
When we were waiting for the bus to go home, I attempted to take a picture of the moon and the tower together...the moon looks a LOT smaller than it did in real life. XD Stupid digital cameras.
Here's a video of some of the skyscape, with little kids talking in the background. (So cute!) I think at one point they were getting all excited about seeing a school (if their "gakkou da!"s were what I thought they were, anyway). I love Japanese kids, they sound (and look) so adorable.
And here's a video from inside the elevator going down from the special observatory (250m) to the main observatory (150m). I wanted one from us going up, but I was crammed against a wall instead of a window like I was this time.
I bought a few things in the shop...but I can't tell what they are, because most of them were little omiyage (gives for people back home). I did get myself a really, really pretty compact mirror for my purse, though. It looks like this: (isn't it so pretty? ^_^ there were so many designs to choose from!)

Well, I need to sleep, so good night! I hope you enjoyed those! I haven't decided what I'm doing tomorrow yet, since I'm really tired and don't feel like doing something hugely exciting. Especially since I should be working on my finals that are due next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother used to have a guava tree in her back yard in Orange. I think she took it out when it got too big and harvesting all the fruit was too much effort.

The photos from the towere are great. The reason the moon looks too small isn't because of the digital camera. It's the focal length of the lens. You shot it with it zoomed wide. That exaggerates the distance between objects. If it were shot with a telephoto lens it would compress the distance and make the moon look larger.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I miss my home!!! Everytiem I read your posts I remember homw and get all bump down about it T.T


Already finals, damn, times go fast ne?

When do you go back home?