This is the venue: Yoyogi Stadium. It was huge!
Here's one of the trucks that drives around, playing the band's music to advertise their new singles/albums. (And that's all they do, seriously.)
These four people...attacked and interviewed Marina and I when we were approaching the stadium. They stuck a video camera in our faces and asked us lots of questions. It was terrifying. I hope I didn't say anything stupid, and I really want to know where that video is going. They had staff badges hanging from lanyards.
We went up to the booths where they were selling things, but unfortunately the tour shirts had too many religious symbols on them (I do NOT need a picture of Jesus being crucified on a shirt, thank you very much. *shudder*), and the one shirt that would have been okay (though it was pink) wasn't in my size. Oh well.
We came back when it was close to time to go in, and there were hundreds of people. It had started raining by that point, lol. I had to buy another umbrella.
Their bag searches are silly...you open your bag, they look in the top, and then let you through. I hid my camera under everything....and snuck this one picture. I didn't take any pictures or videos during the show...because I have a conscience. XD Anyway, the pink area is where the stage was. Luckily there were screens on either side of the stage, so we could see the band members clearer there.
The concert was pretty good, though I'm not the hugest fan of Gazette, so I didn't know a lot of their songs. Luckily all of the songs that I normally don't like listening to sounded much, much better live. It was really weird how the fans kept growling (instead of screaming). I would never make myself kill my throat like that, lol. It was pretty scary, haha. Oh, and the headbanging was crazy. There were three wild girls in the row in front of us, right at the balcony bar, and at one point a staff member actually made his way through the row to tell them to be careful to not fall over the side. Later on, I noticed him glancing at them over the balcony from the aisle, checking to see if they were planning on throwing themselves over. XD
I kept waiting for the band to play "Cassis"...but they didn't play it, and I was disappointed. Then there was a second really long break during which everyone chanted "An-ko-re! An-ko-re!" (Encore!) And the girls behind us broke our ears drums with their shrieking. Brittany and her friends started to pack up to go, and were about to leave, but I was like, "They haven't even turned the lights off on the stage! Let's wait for that, at least." Then, the band came out again, and Brittany saw Ruki with his guitar, and went, "Are they going to play 'Cassis'? I don't know many other songs where he plays guitar!" And then Ruki said they were going to play "Cassis"! I freaked out for the first time during the concert...because that's my favorite song, hahaha. I was super happy that they played it, and Aoi's guitar solo was even better than the recording. *melts* Then they teased the audience for a while with a false ending, and then played "Best Friends" as the very last song...and they kept teasing us with false endings. They played some music that was just the members with instruments, with Reita (the bassist) shouting things into the mic to get the crowd even more riled up.
When we were leaving the concert three and a half hours after it started, with the huge crowd of people, there were jrock-looking guys handing out fliers just outside the gate, and when I wondered aloud who they were, Marina told me that they were guys giving out fliers for their own bands. I didn't think much of it, since none of them looked familiar...but then I glanced at the otherside of the sidewalk, I thought I saw Miku, the vocalist of An Cafe. I quickly looked back at him, and it was him! I totally flipped out and started quietly saying to Marina, "Oh my god! That's Miku, from An Cafe! I love them!" Unfortunately, because the crowd was moving too quickly in one direction, and I was an idiot who doesn't think fast enough, I didn't go over to him to take his flier and say hi. *kills self a million times* But for the next...I don't know, hour, I kept fangirling to Marina and then Brittany when we ran into each other in Shibuya station. I don't even care enough to have shame about that. I was in total jrock heaven, partly because I know it was him. (Not like on Thursday, when I only was 99% sure I'd seen Kame from KAT-TUN in Shibuya.) When I looked at Miku the second time, there was no doubt that it was him, because he just has a very unique look:
He was ridiculously short (my height, about), and was adorable. He looked even better in real life, unlike so many people who get their pictures air brushed and crap. Aaah, but I was so, so, so happy for the rest of the night, hahaha. I was joking with Marina, "I just saw Gazette, but it's seeing Miku that has me fangirling!" I've definitely never gotten all excited about seeing someone like that, before. XD I completely regret not pushing through the crowd to see him. -_-
Then we headed back, got food at the only non-bar place open that late (Miami Garden), and then came back and watched Yasha on my laptop in the common room. (It's a Japanese tv show from 2000 or 2001 that's about two twin genetically engineered genius brothers...one of which has released a deadly virus into the water to kill off old and weak people, the other of which is trying to stop him) Haha, I got Marina and even Brittany hooked on it! We were up until three watching, and then I went back to my room, told Emily all about my evening, and then finally went to bed around 4:30ish...but couldn't fall asleep for the LONGEST time because a) I'd gotten a blended jelly coffee frappachino around 11pm, b)I was still running on excitement from the concert and Miku in my head (XD), and c) the birds were starting to wake up and get noisy outside. -_-' So right now I'm functioning on slightly more than three hours of sleep, because I got up at eightish since we're going to Odaiba today. (I'm thinking that I won't even bother going to sleep the night before leaving, since I have to get up so early to leave, anyway, so I'll just stay up and hopefully crash later so I can sleep on the plane...unlike last time.)
The weird thing, though, is that apparently I set my alarm for 8 PM, so of course it didn't go off, but I woke up around the right time because my right calf muscle suddenly seized up and was REALLY painful, instantly waking me up so I could freak out about my leg falling off or something else gross like that. I somehow mananged to get it to stop hurting so much, but it still sort of hurts, haha.
Okays, time to go get some food, since I'm starving!


2 comments:
What is fangirling?
I need to listen to Cassis now! See how good it is... :p
I sent some pictures of the stadium on to Adrian, b/c the architecture is so cool. The firm he works for over the summer builds all over, including Japan. I have a "poster" of a Tokyo Exclusive of an apartment from the firm...it's pretty cool.
What do you mean, you have a conscience? hmm? I just turn off the flash or something, I took so many pictures of Josh Groban at his Awake tour Concert. Honestly Erica!
Speaking of umbrellas, i really want to get one that drops down around the person or something. I've had such bad luck with umbrellas lately. I would hope those kind wouldn't flip up on me and would cover me better. I'll send you a pic of me w/ a sketchy home made poncho when I got caught in the rain coming from architecture.
Post a Comment