Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sweet Rain 死神の精度

This evening I saw Sweet Rain 死神の精度 (Shinigami no Seido), and it was really good. I was really proud of myself, too, because I understood at least half of what was being said...which is a lot more than the third I understood during the last movie I saw, lol. Takeshi Kaneshiro (the dude from Returner, and House of Flying Daggers, and several other movies I can't think of right now) played a shinigami (death god). One thing I couldn't quite understand, though, is whether he was actually protecting the people he came into the human world for, or...something else. Usually the shinigami takes the person's life...but he was always trying to keep the people from dying.

Here's the site, where you can watch the trailer.

Oh, and a few notes....Takeshi Kaneshiro has the best facial expressions. His character was rather socially awkward, and he frequently had clueless expressions. I also loved his music obsession. There'd be a really serious conversation going on (like between two yakuza guys he was helping out), and he'd be in the background, bobbing his head to the music from the younger yakuza guy's ipod.
Also, there was a trailer for Grace is Gone that played before the movie started, and I really want to see it. It's an American film about a guy's wife who was in the military, and got killed. He finds out and then has to tell his two daughters, but right when he's about to tell them, he goes, "Let's go to the amusement park!" and throughout the whole movie he's doing all these wonderful things to make his daughters happy, but he can't figure out how to break the news to them that their mother was dead. John Cusack plays the dad, and even though I don't really like him, I think he's going to do a good job with this movie.
Oh, Emily went to Akihabara today, and when she was coming back, she saw a guy wearing the same sweatshirt I bought! I can't help laughing at the picture every time I see it. XD
And this is me wearing the sweatshirt, lol. (I was also wearing it in the Tokyo Tower picture, but I was tiny in that picture. Oh, yeah. And this is my "cream soda." If you order a cream soda here, you get melon soda with ice cream on top. Sooo delish.

No comments: