Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tiny post

Not much has happened this week, other than writing essays, doing my Japanese take home exam, and going to my art critique this evening. Oh, and having it rain nearly every day. On Wednesday I went to Asakusa for omiyage shopping, and was extremely successful, but had to go back yesterday for some things that I hadn't gotten before but needed to double-check before buying. Yesterday it was raining, so there weren't many people at the temple or along the shop street...completely different from the day before, lol. I still have several things I need to get, though.

Tomorrow is the Gazette concert...which should be an interesting experience, since none of us are going to be together. Even though Brittany bought her tickets for her and her visiting friends right after me, she's twenty spots away from me in the same row. Marina is three rows back, and I have no clue where Tamaria is.

Oh, and tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day. What is it with it raining on days I go to concerts?!

I'm pretty sure on Sunday I'm going with Marina and one of her friends to Odaiba, and then we're going to ride the giant ferris wheel. ^_^ I'm so excited. I think it's around 920 yen for a full revolution, which is 16 minutes long.

This evening after I got back from school, I turned on the tv and discovered that Finding Nemo was playing...but it was all in Japanese. It was hilarious still, though, because I understood most of it, and for the parts I didn't understand, I remembered what the characters were talking about. Dory had a great Japanese voice actor, and was almost as funny as the English one.

On Monday, I looked out the window and realized that they're building a new house/apartment on the other side of this block. Here's what was up on Monday.... Now there's wooden structures covering it all, and there's even a full floor for the second level. I wonder how much they'll finish before I leave.


The tree in our little patio area finally is blooming...it's a dogwood tree! Very pretty, especially in the rain.




I think something happened to my left foot, but I'm not really sure what. It really hurts when I try to move my big toe, and this afternoon when I was walking to the bus stop, I nearly started limping. XD It stopped for a while, and then started up this evening, so I put some arnica on my foot. The funny thing is that last night, Emily was complaining about her foot hurting in exactly the same way, so I had her use my arnica. Hopefully my foot will be fine tomorrow, especially if I'm going to be standing during the concert. I'll wear my crappy shoes because they're more comfortable, lol.

....This time next week I'll be home.... I'm starting to really look forward to going home

No comments: